After watching this video, people wrote in asking questions. I’ve compiled them here on this page and given the answers.
For original blog in English – Diabetes Treatment: Addressing the Root cause or Suppressing the Symptoms?
1) How can a person with diabetes fast? Blood sugar level will drop if there is no food intake. What to do?
Hypoglycaemia or low blood sugar has a variety of symptoms including clumsiness, trouble talking, confusion, loss of consciousness, seizures, or death. Hypoglycaemia will occur only if a diabetic takes both medication and LCHF/fasting.
If you’re on diabetes medication, please go to question 8 on FAQs page,
For more information on fasting and diabetes, go to
Intermittent Fasting by Dr. S. Vijayaraghavan
Therapeutic Fasting – Solving the Two-Compartment Problem (video) by Dr. Jason Fung
2) Low carb seems reasonable. But why High Fat? Isn’t that dangerous? Doesn’t it lead to heart disease and cholesterol problems?
A person who is diabetic is prone to heart disease only because of the fat storage that happens due to intake of carbs. Moreover, insulin-taking diabetics are prone to fat accumulation in the heart and other vital organs, since insulin is the ‘fat storage hormone’. To understand the science, check out What is LCHF page
For more clarity on fat and cholesterol, check out:
- Saturated fat is good for you – Christine Cronau talks about the importance of eating saturated fats. She explains that cholesterol is an essential building block of the body. She explains the problems that are caused by low cholesterol.
- Why you got fat? – Tom Naughton explains how we become fat. It is a simple, animation that explains the role of insulin in obesity. Though we are eating all the time (5-6 times a day) our individual cells are starving! We are getting fatter and starving.
- The truth about saturated fat and cholesterol – Tom Naughton explains how the “lipid hypothesis” came about. The lipid hypothesis says that “eating saturated fat raises cholesterol” and “cholesterol causes heart disease”. The video explains clearly that cholesterol does not cause heart disease, and that cholesterol is the essential element for healing. Be prepared to be shocked at the information presented in this video.
- The truth about fat and sugar: Cardiologist Dr. Aseem Malhotra explains why FAT is the best medicine – and why it’s so crucial to our health.
- My HDL increased and triglycerides reduced after eating high fat. Check out the table at the end of the page.
- Why we should we eat fat? My blog explaining why eating sufficient amounts of good fat is essential.
3) What are low carb, high fat foods? What can we eat?
Please read the beginner’s guide to LCHF foods
4) My mother/father is 60 and is diabetic. She/he is taking medicines. For their age, what would be your suggestion?
My mother is 70. She was on diabetic medication for around 25 years. For 10 months, she was on LCHF 3 meals a day. For 3 months, she had 2 meals a day. For the last 2 weeks, she had one meal a day. She’s now completely off diabetic and hypertension medication.
Please send an email and consider visiting Dr. Vijayaraghavan for your mother’s/father’s treatment.
5) Have Indians done this? I want to know if others have done this
Please read/listen to the testimonials on http://www.goodbyediabetes.co.in/testimonials.php
6) What about exercise? Shouldn’t we all exercise?